Are you looking to participate in a worthwhile charitable cause but want to avoid burdensome time commitments? The Yardley-Makefield Lions Club might be a good fit for you.
In our club, there is no pressure – each member contributes whatever they can. To become a Lion is to become a member of a respected international organization and a friend to people in need.
Some of our recent initiatives include:
- Helping to spearhead the Maplevale Neighborhood Relief Fund, to provide relief for those who suffered catastrophic damage from flash flooding in July 2023.
- Supporting local food pantries, including the Manor Elementary Food Pantry and the Interfaith Food Alliance Food Pantry.
- Conducting annual toy drives for needy children serviced by Family Services Association of Bucks County.
- Conducting a Purse Drive for those serviced by Bucks County Emergency Homeless Shelter, Family Services Association of Bucks County, and A Woman’s Place.
- Supporting Operation Warm and Pennsbury Kids.
- Supporting the Woodside Church Faith Build, to help build a Habitat for Humanity home for a local family.
- Sponsoring AHTN Bingo Night, to benefit Advocates for the Homeless and Those in Need, and contributing funds to help AHTN purchase a new van.
- Sponsoring three low-income children to attend summer camp at Snipes Farm and Education Center.
- Collecting used eyeglasses to be recycled for the needy.
- Participating in the Christmas Gala Angel Tree program by purchasing gifts for needy senior citizens in the area.
- Advocating for diabetes awareness.
- Conducting bi-annual roadside cleanups for the Adopt-A-Highway program.
Our meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm, at the Lower Makefield Community Center, 1550 Oxford Valley Road, Yardley.
Anyone interested in joining should come to a meeting or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.