Winter can be a beautiful season filled with laughter and cheer from the holiday festivities. It can feel magical like a winter wonderland when you sit on the couch drinking hot chocolate watching the snow come down.
Kids are sledding and building snowmen, but then reality hits and the dread sets in. You just remembered you have to SHOVEL!
Let’s be honest, no one likes shoveling snow. It is an exhausting activity that leaves most aching and sore by the end of it.
The workout begins once you start dressing up in heavy layers of clothes and making sure everything is sealed to stay warm and dry. Yet you still wind up cold and wet from sweating.
Here are some tips and tricks on how to make shoveling easier for you:
- Stretch and limber up before shoveling.
- Place one hand down by the blade for better leverage when lifting snow.
- Lift with your legs and bend with your knees to throw the snow in one fluid motion.
- Best to shovel in shifts, 3 to 4 inches at a time.
- Shovel & Throw technique for light and airy snow.
- Push & Pile technique for wet and heavy snow.
- Stay hydrated.
- Salt driveway and pathways to prevent ice from forming.
Please shovel a pathway to any outdoor utility that technicians need to inspect. Also remember to clear snow from your oil tank fill and vent so the driver can easily find it when you are due for a delivery.
If your tank is underground and away from the house, mark the fill with a flag so it can be found in the snow. Check your tank levels prior to a pending snowstorm and call the office if you think you need a delivery.
Kenderdine’s Heating Oil & HVAC is a full-service provider and offers an annual contract with scheduled automatic tank refills. Not a customer of ours or need a new heating provider?
Give us a call at 215-968-2041 or visit www.kenderdines.com for more information.