At Eye Associates of Bucks County (EABC), we believe that every decision concerning your eyes should be an informed one. Our accomplished physicians are dedicated to protecting, improving, and preserving eye health. Our journey with each patient begins with an understanding of your health, an explanation of your medical condition, and an assessment of your needs.
EABC specializes in cataract surgery, LASIK/PRK, and general ophthalmology. Whether your condition requires surgical or medical care, we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care for all our patients.
Cataracts, a clouding of the lens of the eye, affect more than 22 million Americans over the age of 40. Cataract surgery, which involves replacing the clouded lens with an artificial one, is a common procedure that is considered safe and effective. EABC offers several options, including:
- A selection of lens options reduces or eliminates your need for glasses after surgery;
- Laser-assisted cataract surgery reduces trauma and speeds up recovery;
- Suture-less surgery allows you to return to normal activities the same day.
REFRACTIVE SURGERY: LASIK and PRK
The goal of refractive surgery is to make patients more independent of glasses or contacts. Our refractive surgical options include Bladeless LASIK and PhotoRefractive Keratectomy (PRK); both procedures reshape the cornea to provide vision correction.
- LASIK – Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis – is the most common form of refractive surgery. The LASIK procedure uses targeted laser beam energy to reshape the cornea and correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- PRK is a laser vision correction procedure that is the second most common type of laser eye surgery after LASIK. Used to correct mild to moderate conditions of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, PRK involves removing the epithelial layer of the cornea to reshape the cornea to provide vision correction.
At Eye Associates of Bucks County, we understand the importance of vision in your life. Whether restoring, preserving, or improving sight, our skilled team is dedicated to helping you achieve your best vision’ so you can live your best life.