Window coverings for mid-century modern homes
Mid-century modern homes often feature large or customized windows, making it challenging to find the best window treatments. How can you accent the design you’ve already created and tie each room together? In this article, we’ll look at the features and advantages of six of the best window treatments for mid-century modern homes.
- Drape Panels. The clean straight lines of drapes can complement a minimalist design, but the wrong fabric can also make it feel “heavy” and formal. Opting for a lighter color and fabric with the right hardware can make panels a good choice, particularly where more privacy is desired.
- Roller Shades. The benefits of roller shades make them one of the best window treatments for mid-century modern homes. Aside from their minimalistic aesthetic, they can be tightly closed against the window frame to maximize natural light and allow you to keep an open, airy feeling.
- Cellular Shades. Cellular shades are an often-overlooked option for mid-century modern homes, despite being one of the most energy-efficient window coverings. The unique honeycomb design has excellent insulative qualities, allowing homeowners to reduce heat loss by up to 40% when they are properly fitted and installed.
- Panel Track Shades. When you’re trying to cover a wide opening, panel track shades are an ideal option. Their panels are available in a wide variety of widths (including custom measurements), and they can open from either direction or split from the middle.
- Sheer Shadings. Sheer shadings are an innovative alternative to traditional blinds. Made with dual sheer layers connected by light dimming or darkening fabric vanes, sheer shadings mimic the effects of traditional blind designs, and can give maximum flexibility.
- Soft Roman Shades. While not a traditional window treatment for mid-century modern homes, soft roman shadescan complement a modern look with their horizontal pleats while still adding a touch of comfort and warmth.
Questions? Contact us at 267-201-7509. Mitsbuckscounty.com
PHOTO CAP: Roller shades provide light control with a modern decorative look