It is very important to winterize your vehicle for driving safety.
Just like your home, there are seasonal checks you should complete on your car to keep it running smooth. Even more important, you don’t want to get caught out in a blizzard with a car that won’t start!
A quick check list for winterization:
- Have your car serviced for winter. Thoroughly inspect your brakes, belts, hoses, spark plugs, wires and cables for any faults or danger.
- Make sure your battery is in good condition. It takes more battery power to start your car in colder weather.
- Prepare for bad weather by keeping snow chains and other essentials on hand.
- Switch to winter tires if available for better traction.
- Install winter wipers that will keep your vision clear in a snowstorm.
- Maintain tire pressure as weather changes and check tires regularly for any damage.
- Pack a winter safety kit in the event you get stranded. Some items to include: a warm blanket; flares; bottled water; etc.
- Make sure your antifreeze is flushed and filled, safe for –30 degrees F. The pH balance gets acidic and can eat away at the gaskets if not properly cared for and keeps your heater core from clogging insuring good heat. The lines have very small holes that can clog very easily and decrease the coolant flow and heat output.
- Check all fluids
- Keep your gas tank at least half full.
Currently offering a special promotion on Cooling System Flush and Fill (Winterizing) for $69.99 up to 2 gallons of coolant.
For the best service and to ensure your vehicle is outfitted and prepared for winter, bring it in to Doylestown Sunoco today. Stop by at 610 N. Main Street, Doylestown, or give us a call at 215-345-7676. You can also find us on Facebook or online at www.dtownsunoco.com
We’ll help keep you safe on the road this winter!