Prep: 30 minutes • Cook: 18 minutes • Serves: 10
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1/4 cup drained capers
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
3 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
4 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 pound raw 16-21 count peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary
1 package (10.6 ounces) scallops, thawed if necessary
1 package (10.6 ounces) calamari rings and tentacles, thawed if necessary
1 cup canola oil, divided
Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°; line 1 rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and 1 rimmed baking pan with paper towels.
- In medium saucepot, heat garlic, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over medium heat until butter melts; stir in capers, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon parsley. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- In wide, shallow dish, whisk breadcrumbs and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. In separate shallow dish, whisk eggs; place flour in third shallow dish. Holding tail end of shrimp, dredge in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs to coat; place on parchment-lined pan. Repeat with scallops and calamari.
- In large skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. In batches, add seafood; cook shrimp 4 minutes, scallops 3 minutes and calamari 2 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once and adding remaining 3/4 cup oil to skillet as needed. Transfer seafood to paper towel-lined pan and sprinkle with salt to taste, if desired; keep warm in oven while cooking remaining seafood. Makes about 10 cups.
- Serve seafood with warm butter mixture and lemon wedges, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup seafood, 2 tablespoons butter mixture): 546 Calories, 39g Fat, 11g Saturated Fat, 246mg Cholesterol, 481mg Sodium, 25g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 1g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 22g Protein
Seafood can be breaded and refrigerated up to 4 hours in advance; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before frying.