submitted by Basil Bandwagon Natural Market
1/2 red onion
1 package Siete brand Almond Flour Grain-free Tortillas
1 package Jackfruit Company Pulled Pork (vegan & gluten free)
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons of your favorite mayonnaise
1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
3 cups green cabbage, shredded
1. In a small bowl, place a couple tablespoons of the onion. Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice and a pinch of salt. Rub with your fingers and set aside.
2. Make the cabbage slaw: In a medium size bowl, place shredded green cabbage, mustard, maple syrup, remaining lime juice and mayo. Mix together and set aside.
3. In a heated skillet, over medium heat, add a teaspoon or two of the olive oil and the remaining onion. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
4. Add the Jackfruit pulled pork. Cook and stir until fully heated and a little browned.
5. Heat the tortillas: Warm a cast iron skillet over low heat. Once the skillet is hot add a tortilla, flipping frequently to prevent burning. Note: Almond flour tortillas burn more easily than traditional tortillas. Once the tortilla has been warmed evenly on both sides, place it on a plate and cover with a towel. Continue until you have warmed all of the tortillas.
6. Assemble the tacos: Place a tortilla on a plate. Add some of the Jackfruit pulled pork, a little cabbage slaw, a few slices of avocado, a pinch of marinated red onions and cilantro or parsley. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve topped with lime wedges. Enjoy!
Shop for healthy swaps of your favorite foods at our Lambertville Market at 239 N. Union Street, Lambertville. Open daily from 8:00am-8:00pm. Call us: 609-460-4500.