The next meeting of the Washington Crossing Chapter Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) will be held on Saturday, May 14th, from 2:00 to 4:00pm.
Do you have a patriot ancestor?
Learn about the requirements for membership.
The workshop will be held at the historic 18th century building known as Summerseat at 130 Legion Avenue Morrisville.
A 30-minute presentation, a question-and-answer session and a tour of historical Summerseat will be included.
The house was at one time the home of Robert Morris and later George Clymer.
Both men signed both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
Chapter Genealogist/Registrar Ed Elgart will discuss the SAR membership application process including:
- Current qualification process for membership;
- “Dos and don’ts” of documenting a membership and genealogy package;
- Discuss what genealogical evidence is currently permissible;
- Provide important contact and resource information;
- Present fee structure for single application;
- Address your specific questions.
If you are in the application process, we HIGHLY encourage you to attend!
This event will be extremely helpful.
If you are already a member, please plan on attending so that you can encourage our applicants and become acquainted with the latest application and genealogy process issues.
Light refreshments will be served.