When you think of nourishing vitamins and minerals found in fruits and vegetables, most people only think about the dietary benefits when consuming them.
However, there are so many nourishing benefits from applying them topically, too.
Aloe vera exhibits anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and anti-aging properties, which is why it’s so popular with those who experience acne or dry skin.
Avocados are extremely hydrating and soothing for your skin. Mangoes are natural, gentle exfoliators and coconut oil has natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Adding Roman Chamomile essential oil is not only great for a gentle aroma, but this oil also helps decrease redness, inflammation and helps to calm down any irritated skin while fighting off free radicals to help your skin look healthy and full of life.
Check out Basil’s blog for easy and nutritious recipes featuring local and renowned Wellness Chef Christine Waltermyer and The Natural Kitchen Cooking School!
Shop for these ingredients and more at their Lambertville Market at 239 N. Union Street, Lambertville. Open daily from 8:00am-8:00pm. Call us: 609-460-4500.
Easy Homemade Mango Avocado Face Mask for Glowing Skin
(Makes enough for 4 applications).
- 2 teaspoons fresh aloe vera pulp or store-bought aloe vera gel intended for topical use
- 2 teaspoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh mango
- Optional: 2 drops Roman Chamomile essential oil
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mash everything together into as smooth consistency as possible.
- Apply 1 tablespoon all over your face and leave for 15 minutes as you relax.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Feel relaxed, refreshed, and glowing!
PHOTO CAP: Natural DIY face mask to feel refreshed!