The New Hope-Solebury Community Association has a new name: New Hope Helping.
This organization has been active in the community for over 73 years, forming in 1949 to fundraise for a new gym, 17-acre recreation field, Community Center, and track for the New Hope-Solebury High School.
The New Hope Automobile Show, one of the oldest and most celebrated auto shows in the country, debuted in 1957 to fund annual scholarships to New Hope-Solebury High School seniors and the efforts of area non-profits.
More recently, they have fundraised for non-profits and first responders during the Covid-19 pandemic and have added a slate of events and initiatives in continued support of the community.
The board of New Hope Helping has also named its slate of officers for 2022: Dave Hansel, President; Gary Karlsrud, Vice President; Roger Riedley, Treasurer; and Kay McBride, Secretary.
“We changed the name to New Hope Helping to communicate our history and our ongoing mission,” said 2022 New Hope Helping board president Dave Hansel. “This new name brings new ways to connect with our community via cultural events, sports, music, and some very special occasions.”
These events include:
- New Hope Summer Concerts: May 26th, June 30th, and July 28th
- New Hope Automobile Show Cars and Coffee Meetups: May 1st, August 7th
- Steve Buck/Hardy Bush Golf Tournament: June 24th
- 13U-14U Rob Eichem Memorial Baseball Tournament: June 24th-26th
- New Hope Automobile Show Road Rally: July 31st
- Youth Tennis Tournaments: July 9th-10th and August 6th-7th
- New Hope Automobile Show: August 13th-14th
Members of the community are invited to get involved with this dynamic group of volunteers.
PHOTO CAP: Pictured, from left to right, Dave Hansel, President; Kay McBride, Secretary; Roger Riedley, Treasurer; Gary Karlsrud, Vice President.