Spring, ‘a new beginning’
From the tiniest snowdrops and splashy forsythia, nature is unfurling her endless beauty… look up, look out and look down – be a witness to Mother Nature’s truly majestic surprises.
You don’t have to go far; open your door, just take a few steps forward, take a deep breath and know that you’re surrounded by nature’s treasures…
We may have been locked away for months, but our gardens were never idle.
After careful planning, it’s time for the next challenges.
Many questions and concerns arise when landscaping…
“I need deer resistant varieties; can you recommend some?”
“I didn’t realize those plants grow so large.”
“I love my neighbors, but we need privacy.”
“Can you recommend some low maintenance foundation varieties?”
“I need help planning a vegetable garden (can you suggest easy maintenance varieties…?); I love hot peppers and grape tomatoes.”
“I need a master plan that we want to implement over time.”
Most importantly, “how do we put it all together in a planned approach?”
Thanks to your efforts, it’ll all be worth it.
Good gardening to all!
Some plant varieties we love at Kirshner’s:
- Goshiki Osmanthus… variegated leaves, compact grower, evergreen, and deer resistant.
- Viburnum Winterthur… excellent narrow flowering shrub, disease resistant (white spring flowers, red fall color).
- Pugster Butterfly Bushes… excellent dwarf summer blooming…from purple to pink.
- O’ So Easy Dwarf Roses… disease and insect resistant shrub roses multiple colors available.
- Hydrangea “little lime”… excellent white flowering shrub blooms in sun or shade.
- Winterberry Holly… excellent fall/winter persistent fruit (very decorative for cutting).
- Lilac (bloomerang) purple flowers that bloom for longer periods… very fragrant, great for cutting.
These are just a few…please ask for more detailed lists of recommendations.
Visit Kirshner’s today at 473 Durham Road, Newtown or browse our offerings online: www.kirshnernurseries.com.