submitted by Basil Bandwagon Natural Market
Looking for healthier options for your favorite foods?
Basil Bandwagon Natural Market offers diet and allergen friendly foods and snacks, gourmet chef ingredients, local treats and more!
Check out Basil’s blog for nourishing and delicious recipes featuring The Natural Kitchen Cooking School.
Shop for ingredients at our Lambertville Market at 239 N. Union St, Lambertville, NJ
Open daily from 8:00am to 8:00pm. Contact us: 609-460-4500.
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Plant-Based Milk
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Flax Eggs (Mix 2 tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons water; let sit for 10 minutes)
- 1 Cup Coarsely Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Currants
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 8-oz. Container Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 Container Simple Mills Organic Vanilla Frosting
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Separately, whisk together all wet ingredients
3. Pour wet into dry ingredients and stir or whisk together to form smooth batter. Add carrots and currants. Mix well but don’t overmix.
4. Line muffin pan with unbleached muffin liners. Evenly distribute cupcake batter among the 12 cups.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes. While cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting.
6. Place all frosting ingredients together in a food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before frosting the cupcakes. Decorate top with optional nuts (walnuts or pecans). Enjoy!
PHOTO CAP: Vegan and gluten free carrot cake cupcakes are the perfect sweet treat for this Easter!