The Jamison Innovative Team is the Official Dentist of the Philadelphia Eagles. Dr. Kalanuria has treated Eagle’s players, so it is no surprise that people trust her with their teeth!
This is a friendly, professional office with experienced staff members. Many patients ask the team about starting crowns, so in this text we will explore what they are.
What are crowns?
Sometimes a filling will just not do, and crowns are used to save and fix a tooth. A crown is a cap or helmet that covers the entire tooth and is bonded into place. Crowns can dramatically change a person’s appearance and improve health.
When should a crown be used?
- As a cover for chipped, cracked, or worn-down teeth.
- When there’s extensive decay to the tooth, a crown is needed to restore function.
- If a tooth develops cracks or to stop a tooth from further cracking or fracturing.
- To cover discoloration or misshaped teeth, especially to improve your smile.
- When your tooth has undergone endodontic treatment (root canal), it is important to protect them with a crown. These teeth have large amounts of tooth missing and may sometimes require a post core to connect the crown and empty portion of the root canal.
What are crowns made of?
Crowns are made of strong materials such as metal, ceramic, and porcelain. Ceramic and porcelain crowns are used to match the aesthetics of your natural teeth. As shown in the pictures, they look like real, natural teeth.
Dr. Kalanuria at Jamison Innovative Dentistry has years of experience with crowns and implants, so if you are looking for a trusted dental office with experienced personnel, call Jamison Innovative Dentistry at 215-343-3900.
The team offers Invisalign, veneers, cleanings, exams, emergency appointments, crowns, implants, overdentures and much more!
The office is located at 2370 York Road, Jamison, PA 18929.
PHOTO CAP: The Official Philadelphia Eagles Jamison Team is ready to take care of your dental needs and provides a number of services: crowns, implants, emergency visits, dentures, fillings, veneers, and aligners.