Foodies at heart – Basil stocks their stores with affordable and diverse products that inspire one’s palate while empowering good health.
Looking for a diet-friendly recipe to make for you and your family?
Check out Basil’s website and blog for nourishing recipes featuring local and renowned Wellness Chef Christine Waltermyer and The Natural Kitchen Cooking School.
All featured ingredients are always available at their locations open daily from 8:00am to 8:00pm:
– Flemington: 276 US Hwy 202/31, Flemington, NJ 08822 (908-788-5737);
– Clinton: 38 Old Hwy 22, Clinton, NJ 08809 (908-735-3822);
– Lambertville: 239 North Union Street, Lambertville, NJ 08530 (609-460-4500).
3 medium size cooked beets, chopped
*1⁄4 cup tahini
*2 tablespoons lemon juice
*1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
*1 teaspoon chopped scallions (only the white bottom part)
*2 tablespoons water
*Olive oil for drizzling
Optional garnishes for serving:
* Chopped parsley
*Fresh lemon zest
*Flaked sea salt
1. Place the cooked beets in a food processor.Add the tahini, lemon juice, sea salt and scallions. Blend until smooth, adding just enough of
the water to reach desired consistency.
3. Serve drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with any garnishes you like, such as chopped
parsley, chopped pistachios, fresh lemon zest, zaʼatar, and/or flaked sea salt.
PHOTO CAP: Heart Healthy Beet Hummus