Prep: 30 minutes plus freezing and chilling • Serves: 15
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package crispy gingersnap cookies plus additional crushed for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy cookie butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 15 cake pop sticks
- 1 (12 x 10-inch) block of Styrofoam™
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. In food processor, pulse cookies until small crumbs remain; transfer to large bowl. With hands, work in cream cheese and butter until mixture comes together; roll into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on prepared pan.
2. In medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in microwave oven on high 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 20 seconds; stir in oil. Dip 1 end of cake pop sticks into chocolate mixture, then insert into center of cookie balls; freeze 30 minutes.
3. Reheat melted chocolate mixture as necessary if it begins to harden. Dip cookie pops into chocolate mixture to completely cover, allowing excess to drip off; stick upright into styrofoam and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon and crushed cookies, if desired. Refrigerate cookie pops 10 minutes or until hardened. Makes 15 cookie pops.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cookie pop): 193 Calories, 12g Fat, 5g Saturated Fat, 8mg Cholesterol, 73mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 11g Sugars, 11g Added Sugars, 2g Protein