Summer is spilling into fall at Snipes Farm as we round out a full 2021 farm season!
The sound of children’s voices ringing across the farm was music to our ears as we welcomed back campers to Snipes Farm Summer Day Camp. For eight weeks, each day 60 children enjoyed the fields, woods, streams, gardens and animals of a working Bucks County farm.
Nature-based learning, games, songs and art helped build a diverse community of campers from ages six to 14.
Counselors and counselors-in-training guided the campers in Covid-safe activities, and watched friendships bloom!
The farm’s Pre-K “Little Sprouts” program provided six morning sessions for toddlers and their grown-ups, to explore nature and awaken curiosity about our natural world.
Stay tuned for Pre-K programs again this fall!
Summer 2021 saw a dedicated farmer team working the soil to produce a healthy and delicious harvest!
Seventy percent of our produce is donated to neighbors in need. Customers enjoy tasty veggies through our CSA program or at our on-farm market, Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Snipes Farm will be open on October weekends for Fall Harvest Fest, Saturdays from 9:00am-6:00pm, and Sundays from 10:00am-5:00pm.
- Find the perfect pumpkin in the pumpkin patch;
- Cut a beautiful stem in the pick-your-own flower field:
- Visit the Old Time Farm Museum, with vintage wagons and carriages
- Climb the hay pyramid, explore the hay bale maze;
- Meet goats, ducks, bunnies, chickens and quail!
- Go on a scavenger hunt and surprises on the farm!
- Meet lovely hens at Cluckingham Palace;
- Explore the Land of Scarecrows!
- Take a walk on the nature trail through the woods and field;
- Enjoy freshly pressed apple cider, fresh baked pies and apple cider donuts!
Snipes Farm and Education Center is a not-for-profit with a mission to model and teach sustainable farming, build community and reconnect people to the land. To volunteer or donate, visit Snipesfarm.org, contact us at 215-295-1139 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
PHOTO CAP: Cider donuts and freshly pressed apple cider at Snipes Farm