Thanks to a generous endowment fund established in 2007 by Pennsbury ’64 alumnus, Arthur J. Lendo, Ph.D., 21 students at Pennsbury High School were recently selected to receive Lendo Fellowship awards to help support their academic and co-curricular pursuits.
The 2020- 2021 school year marks the endowment fund’s 14th anniversary.
The following students were approved by the Board of the Pennsbury Education Foundation (which oversees the endowment) for the 2021 Lendo Fellowship awards.
The summer program that each student attended is also listed.
- Sriya Amineni, Essentials of Finance, University of Pennsylvania (Wharton);
- Harshavi Birla, National Student Leadership Conference in Engineering, Georgia Tech University;
- Neve Davis, Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Seminar;
- Lily Erdogan, Toxology, Health, and Environmental Disease, Rutgers University;
- Presley Foote, Point Guard College, Haverford College;
- Brianna Gayle, Intensive Neurobiology: Cellular and Systems, Johns Hopkins University;
- Oliveah Gilchrist, Point Guard College, Haverford College;
- Shreeya Gounder, Health Careers Scholars Academy, University of Pittsburgh;
- Paul Kearns, Digital Development Camp, Drexel University;
- Hannah Kim, Biomedical Research Academy, University of Pennsylvania;
- Anika Koul, Cancer Biomaker Research Camp, miRcore;
- Henry Lane, International Summer School for Young Physicists, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics;
- Pranita Madaka, Biotech Research, Boston Leadership Institute;
- Nimay Mahajan, Pre-College Data Science Camp, University of Connecticut;
- Samarth Mannikeri, Biotech Research, Boston Leadership Institute;
- Siya Patel, National Student Leadership Conference in Medicine and Health;
- Ava Sciolla, Philly Rise Nike Basketball Program, Philadelphia;
- Ansh Shah, Aerospace Engineering Camp, University of Illinois;
- Jack Shea, Boy Scouts of America Seabase Camp, Florida Keys;
- Krishna Thaker, Economics for Leaders, University of California at Berkeley;
- Brenna Veitz, Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Seminar.
Prior to his retirement, Dr. Lendo served as the long-time president of Peirce College in Philadelphia.
To learn more about the Pennsbury Education Foundation or Dr. Arthur J. Lendo, visit www.pennsburysd.org > Community > Foundations > Pennsbury Education Foundation > Fellowships.