The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging (BCAAA) has partnered with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to bring fresh, locally grown produce to county seniors.
Through the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP), eligible seniors can receive vouchers valued at $24 for individuals or $48 for couples. Vouchers can be used to purchase fruits and vegetables at participating farmers markets through November.
Completing a simple application is required.
Applications are available at senior centers and BCAAA, and will be accepted until Sept. 15. Vouchers will be available for either in-person contactless pickup or mail delivery.
Eligible seniors reside in Bucks County, will be 60 or older by the end of the year and meet annual income requirements.
The individual income limit is $23,828; the limit for couples is $32,227. Income includes wages, rental income, Social Security, child support payments, retirement plan distributions, and other forms of income.
To learn more visit www.agriculture.pa.gov or call BCAAA.
Individuals are not eligible if they reside in a nursing home, convent or other residential facility where meals are provided.
Contact information for obtaining an application is listed below:
- Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center, Warminster • firstname.lastname@example.org • 215-672-8380
- Bensalem Senior Citizens Center, Bensalem • bensalemseniorcenter.org • 215-638-7720
- Bristol Borough Area Active Adult Center • 215-788-9238
- Bristol Township Senior Center • email@example.com • 215-785-6322
- Central Bucks Activity Center, Doylestown • firstname.lastname@example.org • 215-348-0565
- Eastern Upper Bucks Senior Center, Ottsville • easternupperbucksseniorcenter.com • 610-847-8178
- Falls Township Senior Center, Fairless Hills • fallstwpseniorcenter.org • 215-547-6563
- Middletown Senior Citizens Center, Levittown • 215-945-2920
- Morrisville Senior Servicenter • email@example.com •215-295-0567
- Neshaminy Senior Citizens Center, Trevose • firstname.lastname@example.org • 215-355-6967
- Northampton Township Senior Center, Richboro • 215-357-8199
- Pennridge Community Center, Perkasie • pennridgecenter.org • 215-453-7027
- Upper Bucks Activity Center, Quakertown • upperbucksac.org • 215-536-3066
Bucks County Area Agency on Aging, 55 E. Court St., 3rd Floor, Doylestown email@example.com • 267-880-5700.