To ensure you and your home can weather anything this season throws your way, here are some tips from your local water management experts at BQ Basements, Concrete and Gutter Systems:
- Check gutters and downspouts for leaves and debris to prevent or limit overflow.
- Check downspouts to make sure they are pitched 10-15 feet away from your home to prevent foundation leakage.
- Check the grading of your landscaping to make sure it is graded away from your home.
- Prepare generators in case of power outages.
- Keep all portable electronic devices charged in case of power outages.
- Check your battery supply for radios and flashlights.
- Be sure trees are healthy and pruned to prevent falling and make wind resistant.
- Plan to bring in all furniture, decorations and trash cans in case of high winds.
- Check your sump pump to be sure it will be working during heavy rains; invest in battery back-up system in case of power outage.
- Build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Have water and food on hand for at least a three-day period.
- Take videos or digital photos of your home inside and out.
- If you have any outdoor pets, bring them inside during storms.
Headquartered in Montgomery County, BQ are the local experts in waterproofing basements and crawlspaces, fixing uneven concrete and installing gutters.
With more than 100 employees, they are the proud recipients of 2020 Business of the Year from Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, Best Places to work from Philadelphia Business Journal and Top Places to Work from Philadelphia Inquirer among many other awards.
BQ has been serving Bucks and Montgomery counties since 1997 and prides itself on providing a WOW customer experience, a great place to work and giving back to the local community.
For more info and tips, or to prep your home today, call 215-398-4898 or visit www.BQBasementSystems.com.
PHOTO CAP: Brian Quinn and Brian A. Quinn are the father/son owners of BQ Basement, Concrete and Gutter Systems