BCFA Cooking Live! Sweet Dreams are Made of Cheese: Fondue & Raclette
Bucks County Foodshed Alliance and Buy Fresh Buy Local® Bucks County continues their virtual program series including cooking workshops, film viewings, educational programs and more. The series continues with BCFA Cooking Live!, a cooking workshop with Chef Kelly Unger and Joni Garcia via Facebook Live on Thursday, March 25th at 6:00pm titled Sweet Dreams Are Made of Cheese. Joni and Kelly will demonstrate how fun and easy it is to make fondue and raclette with local cheeses and wine.
The BCFA Cooking Live! Series features healthy, seasonal recipes using ingredients from our local farmers in Bucks County, PA. During each mini cooking class, Joni focuses on highlighting the health benefits of the ingredients, while Chef Kelly guides us through every step of the recipe. This event will be 30 to 45 minutes in length. Cook along and enjoy dinner at the conclusion.
Chef Kelly Unger is a BCFA Board Member, Chair of the Doylestown Farmers Market Committee and Owner and Chef of The Rooster & The Carrot Cooking Studio. Joni Garcia is a BCFA Board Member and Registered Dietician.
Visit BucksFoodshed.org for the full recipes included in the cooking demonstrations and grab the ingredients and supplies ahead of time to cook along with Chef Kelly and Joni during the live stream. Tune into the BCFA Facebook page to access the live stream. Please RSVP on the event page on the BCFA website, via the Facebook event, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Where to purchase ingredients locally:|
Nord Bread can be purchased from the Wrightstown Farmers Market on 3/13 (pre-orders recommended), Organnons in Wrightstown or New Britian, Jamie Hollander Gourmet in New Hope, Native Cafe in Southampton or Doylestown, Wheat and Vine in Dublin or Bunn’s Natural Food Store in Southampton
Cherry Grove Farm cheeses can be purchased at the Yardley Farmers’ Market (Abe’s Acres booth; market opens 5/1/21!) or their farm market in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Doe Run cheeses can be purchased at Wheat and Vine in Dublin
Tomatoes can be purchased locally year round from Maximucks Farm Market in Doylestown
Apples can be purchased from Solebury Orchards at the Wrightstown Farmers Market on 3/13.
Chaddsford Wine can be purchased from their Chaddsford Winery Tasting Room in Peddler’s Village
Then cook live right along with Joni and Kelly. Remember to have your mise en place done – all ingredients cut and measured and ready to cook.
If you’re cooking along with us at home, here is your mise en place:
- a clove of garlic
- 1 ½ cups Chaddsford or other local wine Chablis or Riesling
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons kirsch (cherry flavored liqueur)
- 2 cups grated local Swiss style cheese (we’re using Seven Sisters from Doe Run Farm)
- 2 cups grated local Gruyere style cheese (we’re using Hickory on the Hill from Doe Run Farm)
- white pepper
- sweet paprika
- Nord Bread baguette and Soft Pretzels
- small wedge of Raclette cheese (we’re using a local cheese called Toma from Cherry Grove Farm)
- 1-2 steamed Yukon Gold or white potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 package cherry tomatoes from Maximuck’s Farm
- dried thyme
- olive oil
- 1 whole apple
- small cast iron skillet or baking sheet lined with parchment
- small shallow baking dish or pie dish
- medium saucepan
- small bowl (cereal)
- 8” chef’s knife
- cutting board
- medium size pot (enamel coated cast iron or enamel coated steel preferable)
- Fondue pot optional
For more information: 215.621.8967 or BucksFoodshed.org.