I negotiate on your behalf and manage all the tasks, due dates and contractual obligations once you are under contract on a home.
Before you step up to the plate,
- Know the total cost upfront. I will prepare an estimate for the total cost to buy a home, including up-front costs such as inspections, and monthly payment including taxes and insurance.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage by an accredited lender. Even better, apply for a mortgage with the only remaining (big) detail being the address.
- Be ready to make a strong offer as soon as you see the home you want. Assume other people are making an offer, even if it has been on the market for a while.
- It’s not just about price. It is very common for sellers to receive multiple offers so you want to stand out. Make the terms of your offer attractive, such as having a flexible closing date, shortening the home inspection contingency time and increasing your deposit
- Consider adding a “Price Escalation Addendum” which automatically increases your offer price, in set increments, up to a maximum amount. This can help you compete against other offers.
Don’t make one of the biggest financial decisions alone, let me coach you every step of the way. Go HOME with Mary!
For more info contact Mary Camp, REALTOR®, RE/MAX Properties, Ltd., Newtown, 215-882-1064, or GoHOMEwithMary.com.
PHOTO CAP: From searching through closing, we work as a team