In November of 1949, a small group of men and women of New Hope and Solebury met to talk about funding a new gymnasium at the New Hope High School. The gym was funded and built in 1953. Little did the group know or imagine that the organization they founded, the New Hope-Solebury Community Association, would prosper and continue to support the community for over 60 years.
Today, the most visible fundraiser for the Community Association (CA) is The New Hope Automobile Show. Originating as a horse show in 1957, it evolved into an event for automobiles.
With the history and magnitude of this show, it requires year-long planning and volunteer help from various community groups. Those groups have included the Boy Scouts; the New Hope and Lambertville Fire Companies; soccer, baseball and football clubs; the Lions Club; and many others.