submitted by GNC in Newtown
There are so many essential nutrients that influence the look, feel and health of our skin.
Here are some of the supplements that can help your skin glow from the inside out:
- Omega 3’s can help reduce inflammation of the skin. This can be taken through fish or krill oil capsules, or through flax, hemp or chia seeds. Also, Sea Buckthorn is a good source of Omega-7, which may increase your collagen levels. This promotes good elasticity of the skin, reduces sagging and improves skin tone.
- Vitamin C is critical for collagen synthesis and may aid in reducing UV damage to the skin. Lifestyle choices like smoking or sun overexposure can reduce the vitamin C levels in your skin.
- Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that aids in the healing properties and tissue rebuilding of the skin. It can help reduce age-related skin problems, like dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Vitamin E can aid in reducing stretch marks when topically applied. It also shows benefits in wound healing and scar reduction. As a key antioxidant, vitamin E can fight premature aging by protecting cells from free radical damage.
- Zinc is well-known for its wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Research shows that oral zinc is an essential micronutrient for skin growth and repair.
- Probiotics are a great source of good bacteria for the gut. If you feel your skin problems are a result of your digestive issues, probiotics may be able to provide a balance of the good and bad bacteria in your gut. Symptoms like rosacea, acne and excessive dryness.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) is known as the “universal antioxidant” because it is both fat and water-soluble. ALA can be taken internally to help shrink pore size and add radiance to the skin. It is also used in topical skin formulations that can reduce redness and blotchiness of the skin. Since ALA has the capacity to regulate the production of nitric oxide, which opens up the blood vessels in the skin, ALA can transform a dull and pasty complexion to a vibrant and glowing one.