We are young people, families, and baby boomers alike.
Lions meet the needs of local communities and the world and though Lions are well known for successful initiatives in vision health, Lions service is as diverse as our members.
Lions volunteer for many kinds of projects – caring for the environment, feeding the hungry and aiding seniors and the disabled.
To become a Lion is to become an active volunteer, a member of a respected international organization, a leader in your community and a friend to people in need.
One hundred percent of our donations and money collected through our fundraisers go towards our various community support projects.
Lions club members pay annual dues to cover the administrative expenses of running our club and fundraisers.
Some of our most recent community support included:
- Donation to Operation warm, which provides coats to the needy within the Pennsbury School District;
- Donation to Casey Schaeffer’s Full House Carnival;
- Donation of grocery gift cards quarterly to various food pantries in our area and collection of non-perishables throughout the year;
- Donation to Big Brothers to allow for the annual support of their program;
- Donation to Snipes farms summer camp to enable three underprivilege children to attend the summer camp program;
- Collecting used eyeglasses and donate them to be recycled for new glasses for the needy;
- Participation in the Angel Christmas program to purchase gifts for needy seniors for the holidays;
- Advocate for health and Diabetes awareness and last year we held a free Diabetes Awareness & Health Fair on November 16th at the LMT Community Center.
Anyone interested in the Lions Club should send an e-mail to membership@YMLC.org and if you wish, attend one of our meetings before joining.
Our meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm, at Sunrise Senior Living, Second Floor, 631 Stony Hill Road, Yardley.