Holy Trinity was the main parish with Yardley as a Mission.
The original site was at Washington and Moreau Streets (the current site of Delaware River Port Authority building).
Here was located the Church and Rectory which were demolished for the New U.S. Route 1 in 1951.
Our present day Holy Trinity/St. Ignatius Cemetery was purchased in 1922, for $2,000 for the four-acre site (St. Ignatius became an independent parish in 1920).
In 1926, the present day location of Holy Trinity Parish (201 N. Pennsylvania Avenue) was purchased by Fr. Hayes, with a purpose at a later date to build a school on the site.
Due to the Depression and World War II, these plans were put on hold until 1952.
In 1950, the Pastor Fr. Joseph Gallagher received permission to build the School, Rectory and Church on the present property.
On September 2nd, 1952, Holy Trinity School opened with 250 pupils in grades one to eight.
In 1953, St. Francis Cabrini parish and St. Michael the Archangel parish were founded out of Holy Trinity’s boundaries.
In 1956, St. Joseph the Worker parish was founded from Holy Trinity’s boundaries. It was no longer a Mission but an independent parish.
In March 1954, priests moved into the newly built present day rectory. On April 14th, 1957, Palm Sunday, Holy Trinity Church was dedicated by Cardinal O’Hara.
In September 1958, the lot across the street from the rectory was purchased for the building of a second school.
The New School was completed September 1965, and one year later St. John the Evangelist Parish (part of Holy Trinity parish until 1964) received permission to build a school.
When their school was completed, it emptied our “new” school.
Since 1988, the YMCA has leased that school property.
Our present Pastor, Rev. Msgr. John C. Eckert, became pastor in June 1997, and has since expanded our school programs, parish organizations and has maintained and renovated all the parish buildings.
Our School is very proud to say that the Terra Nova scores are above average in every subject in every grade.
We have been an active member of the Morrisville community for over 120 years and we look forward to a continued Catholic presence here.