Bucks County Foodshed Alliance presents a Farmers’ Forum on Climate Smart Farming in Bucks County on Tuesday, February 18th, 2020, 12:00pm – 4:00pm. The Farmers’ Forum will take place in the Lahaska Room in the Buckingham Township Building, 4613 Hughsian Drive, Buckingham, PA, 18912.
Beginning to advanced farmers and local policymakers are invited to a luncheon and discussion which will cover what tools and information are available to help climate smart farmers. Hear from experts and share ideas with fellow vegetable, meat, fruit, and grain producers and use this opportunity to let elected officials what farmers are facing, and discuss solutions with them.
Dr. Jacqueline Ricotta of Delaware Valley University will be a Guest Speaker.
RSVP by February 10th by email: email@example.com or phone: 215-621-8967.
- Registration and Farmer Appreciation Local Farms Luncheon, presented by BCFA
- Welcome, Orientation, Introduction of Guest Speaker: Dr. Jacqueline Ricotta, Delaware Valley University
- Presentation: “Climate Smart Farming” Agricultural effects of climate change, challenges and tactics for resilience, with group discussions of farm product-specific issues
- Group Sharing
- Discussion with local policymakers
- Review of climate smart farming ideas, relevant apps available, Q&A
- Consideration of future more in-depth events and workshops