submitted by Dave Marcolla, Realtor, Keller Williams Real Estate, www.DaveMarcolla.com
You’ve seen those HGTV shows and maybe even visited homes that look amazing the minute you walk in. What do you notice first? First impressions matter!
Most consumers decide within the first two minutes inside a home whether they are interested or not. And what does all this mean for sellers?
It means a higher return on investment via a higher purchase price and/or a faster sale. So how much should YOU “luxe up” your home?
Well it doesn’t have to mean a complete flip of your home, new kitchens and baths (the top way to increase value) or all new furniture.
The following list is your path to “luxe for less.”
- Brighten it up! Lose those dark window treatments and let the sun shine in. Paint can work miracles, even on kitchen cabinets. While it might not be your “style” or favorite color, go light…whites, tans, light grays.
- Clean it up! If you don’t currently use a cleaning service, consider a deep clean. They’ll spend a half-day cleaning your home from top to bottom. And don’t forget the windows (inside and out). A good deep clean not only makes your home cleaner but will leave a great scent too. Don’t rely on Febreze to get you top dollar.
- Decorate it down! Less is more. Sometimes this can be hard to do in your home. An expert Realtor or Stager can help.
- Update it! Consider new appliances, kitchen counters, flooring and furniture if budgets allow. New is always in!
- Consult a Realtor! They know the market and how much “luxe” you really need to maximize your return.