submitted by Made in the Shade Bucks County, www.mitsbuckscounty.com
Summer is right around the corner, which means more time to enjoy the outside! If you are looking for ways to upgrade your outdoor space, exterior patio shades are definitely something to consider.
Here we list five reasons why we absolutely love exterior solar shades.
- Block the Glare – Being outside is so therapeutic. It is one of my absolute favorite places to be. HOWEVER, nothing is worse when you are trying to relax outside than having your eyes blinded by the sun’s bright rays! Sunglasses help, but they can only do so much. With exterior patio shades, UV damage and glare are both blocked! Depending on the openness factor of the material, you can control the percentage of UV blockage.
- Temperature Control – With temperatures occasionally reaching near triple digits during the summer months, climate control outside is absolutely worth it. Solar screen material can absorb and dissipate 65%- 90% of the sun’s heat. What does this mean to you? It means less sweat and more relaxation! PLUS the added benefit of lower energy costs!
- Maintain Your View – Exterior patio shades come in multiple opacities. Our most popular fabric is a 3% openness, which blocks 97% of the sun’s UV rays. Even with the great blockage, the material is still open enough so that you can maintain your view to the outside of the shade. During the day, no one is viewing through from the outside but you can still see out. Another application that we love to recommend is installing an exterior shade on the outside of a large picture window, or even a back sliding door.
- Motorization – Exterior shades can be motorized, which allow for easy and smooth operation. Not to mention, a very impressive feature to show off when you entertain! Even if there are multiple shades, one remote can control them all at once.
- Block Wind (and golf balls) – Exterior shades are not usually recommended for fighting high winds or inclement weather, but it does limit wind coming through during cold months, and the ShyZip product comes with a wind rating of 50-65 mph. This system uses side tracks and a zipper system to seal the edges and pull the material tight. In addition to blocking wind, it also blocks golf balls if you happen to be one of the lucky individuals who live on a golf course!