Sixteen college students from Bucks County have been chosen to participate in Foundations Community Partnership’s 2018 Summer Youth Corps, which offers paid internships at local nonprofit human service agencies in Bucks County serving children, youth and families. The program provides students the ability to gain practical experience while helping to effect positive change in the community by working at non-profit human service agencies.
This is the 11th consecutive year that Foundations has offered the internship program.
Non-profit agencies have the benefit of additional helping hands and the students gain meaningful work experience with groups that are making a difference in Bucks County, as well as earning college credit through a partnership with Bucks County Community College.
“Through our relationship with Bucks County Community College, students are able to really experience service-learning, a form of experiential education in which students learn to solve community problems and achieve real objectives for the community while earning college credits,” said Ron Bernstein, Executive Director of Foundations Community Partnership. “Many of our Partnership in Education winners have been selected for the Summer Youth Corps so they can continue their community service work.”
Field Supervisor Julie Tokar leads this year’s Summer Youth Corps.
A Yardley resident, Julie is a recent MSW graduate from the University of Pennsylvania.
Students in the 2018 Summer Youth Corps program have been placed in the following locations:
- Yardley resident Benard Cutrone(Pennsbury High School) is working for Boy Scouts USA in Doylestown. He is studying Marketing and Sociology at Penn State.
- Doylestown resident Sara Donnelly(Central Bucks East High School) is assisting Habitat for Humanity in Chalfont. She is majoring in Accounting and Organizational & Community Leadership at the University of Delaware.
- Croydon resident Amanda Dingley(Harry S. Truman High School) is working at Snipes Farm & Education Center in Morrisville. She is a Chemical Engineering major at the University of Delaware.
- Bristol resident Dakota Luna(Bristol Borough High School) is assisting Ridge Crest in Sellersville. He is a Pre-Med major at Penn State.
- Holland resident Ellen Kravchenko (Council Rock South) is interning at NOVA in Jamison. She is studying Nursing at the Duquesne University.
- Doylestown resident Leigh Wolfrum(Central Bucks West) is interning at Special Equestrians in Jamison. She is studying Exercise Science at West Chester University.
- Warrington resident Allyson Rychlak (Central Bucks South) is interning at the James A. Michener Art Museum in Doylestown. She is a Business major at Providence College.
- Bensalem resident Matthew Corbett(Bensalem High School) is working with the Lower Bucks YMCA in Fairless Hills. He is majoring in Business at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Langhorne resident Amanosi Agbugui (Neshaminy High School) is assisting the YWCA Bucks County in Trevose. She is a Psychology and Pre-Med student at Bucks County Community College.
- Doylestown resident Emily Alpin (Central Bucks West) is assisting the Cancer Support Network Greater Philadelphia at Gilda’s Club in Ivyland. She is attending Vanderbilt University studying Neuroscience.
- Newtown resident Allie Weiner(Council Rock North) is assisting Libertae in Bensalem. She is Business major at University of Arizona.
- New Hope resident Kira Botelho(The Pennington School) is working at the Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve in New Hope. Her major at Lafayette College is Environmental Studies.
- Feasterville-Trevose resident Christopher Yingling (Archbishop Wood) is working with The Conservatory in Doylestown. He is studying Early Education at West Chester University.
- Yardley resident Taylor Smith (Princeton Day School) is interning at Big Brothers/Big Sisters Bucks County in Jamison. She is a Marketing major at Howard University.
- Washington Crossing resident Samantha Bovino (Council Rock North) is interning at the Bucks County Housing Group in Ivyland. She is a Nutritional Sciences major at University of Texas.
- Doylestown resident Ellie Manca(Central Bucks West) is assisting the Mercer Museum in Doylestown. She is a Biobehavioral Health student at Penn State University.