The following award recipients reside in Yardley:
- Susan Harrison won the Blue Ribbon for ‘Specialty Flower Gardens’ with her wildlife habitat titled “Biodiversity in Suburbia” – Susan focused on adding native plants to the garden, including many trees, shrubs, host plants for butterflies, shrubs that produce berries for birds, and plants that attract beneficial insects to her garden. She also included a pond for frogs and some organic vegetables. Her focus has become educating other homeowners how to help with planet Earth’s health, one garden at a time.
- Jeanette Clemenson won the Gardens of Distinction award for ‘Small-size, Individual Combination (Flowers & Vegetables) Gardens’ with her “shabby chic” style garden including ornaments and birdhouses. Jeanette takes a lot of pleasure in her gardening.
- Connie Fairchild won the Gardens of Distinction award for ‘Specialty Flower Garden’ with her Certified Audubon Bird Habitat, providing food and coverage for birds and other wildlife.
Judges of the contest looked at design and overall visual effect of the gardens, as well as maintenance, horticultural practices, and suitability of the plantings – extra points were awarded for creativity and sustainable practices.
- Susan Harrison in her garden
- Jeanette Clemenson
- Connie Fairchild
- A view of the Fairchild garden