This year the event honored 12 non-profit community programs in Bucks County that are making a difference in the lives of local children and their families with monetary grants of $3,000 each.
The event’s keynote speaker was Nancy Lublin, Founder and CEO of Crisis Text Line.
“There is a lot of pain out there, especially among young people,” Nancy said during her remarks. “As non-profit leaders, we have a wonderful opportunity to promote kindness, diversity of thought, and new ideas that will help drive policy change.”
Foundations Executive Director Ron Bernstein presented plaques and checks to the 12 local non-profit organizations.
Select individuals from each organization received the awards:
- Wendy Force-McBride accepted the grant for Acting Naturally to aid their summer youth program, ‘Acting Can Teach,’ based in Langhorne.
- Noreen Coleman accepted the grant for BARC Developmental Service’s ‘Preschool Music Experience’ program, based in Holicong.
- Cherylayne Walker, of Chalfont, accepted the grant for the Bucks County chapter of The Links and their program ‘Keepin’ it Real Teens Talk,’ based in Doylestown.
- Ruth Anderson accepted the grant for the James A. Michener Art Museum’s young adult program, ‘Art Has No Borders,’ based in Doylestown.
- Laurie Pepe, of Chalfont, accepted the grant for Bucks County National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and their ‘Ending the Silence’ program, based in Warminster.
- Jonathan Snipes, of Morrisville, accepted the award for the Snipes Farm & Education Center’s ‘Seed-to-Fork High School Farm Education’ program, based in Morrisville.
- Kim McCleary accepted the grant for the Type One Parent Project (TOPP Foundation), based in Furlong, aiding children with Type-1 Diabetes and the ‘Camp Scholarship Program’ where these children have their own sleep-away camp.
- Sarah Krusen accepted the grant for Camp Cranium’s ‘Transition to Adulthood’ program, based in Lower Bucks County.
- Trish Larsen accepted the grant for Minding Your Mind’s ‘Young Adult Speaker Program.’
- Alexander Fraser accepted the grant for The Bucks County Playhouse’s program, ‘Girlspeak.’
- Patricia Edwards accepted the grant for the Upper Bucks YMCA to aid their ‘Red Cross Babysitting’ program, based out of Quakertown.
- Stacy Carr-Poole accepted the grant for the Bucks County Audubon Society and their youth program, ‘Full STEAM Ahead After School Program for Girls,’ based in Solebury.
PHOTO CAP: Jonathan Snipes accepted the award for the Snipes Farm & Education Center’s ‘Seed-to-Fork High School Farm Education’ program.