L.A.C.E. sponsors fund-raising events and supports school activities throughout the school year. Funds raised are frequently used to make improvements to the school’s facilities and campus.
For example, L.A.C.E. raised $22,000 for the digital sign in front of the school on Wistar Road that informs the community about upcoming school activities. The group also raised $9,000 to purchase and install six new environmentally-friendly water fountains located inside the school.
L.A.C.E. provides snacks, refreshments, water ice and pretzels for numerous school activities such as Freshmen Orientation, Alumni Memorial Mass, Back to School Night, Seventh & Eighth Grade Visitations and Senior Memory Night.
Upcoming events for 2017-18 include:
- Saturday, September 2nd – Night at the Trenton Thunder vs. the Reading Phillies followed by fireworks after the game. Tickets are $11. Contact Sharon at 215-791-2942.
- Sunday, November 5th – Annual Fall Craft Fair features over 100 vendors, crafts, food, refreshments, bake sale, raffles and gift baskets. Contact Linda at 215-778-4873
- Sunday, February 25th, 2018 – Casino Bus Trip to Atlantic City. This event sells out every year! Contact Sharon at 215-791-2942.
- Sunday, March 4th, 2018 – Annual Spring Craft Fair features over 100 vendors, crafts, food, refreshments, bake sale, raffles and gift baskets. Contact Linda at 215-778-4873.
- Friday, May 11th, 2018 – Mother/Son Dinner Dance at Falls Manor. Contact Maryanna at 215-208-5810.
The group meets at the high school on the first Wednesday of every month (except January). Dues are $5 per school year.
PHOTO CAP: L.A.C.E. officers, Maryanna Phinn (left), Treasurer, and Linda Benedetti, President.