The Lingohocken Garden Club was organized in March 1935 and was originally called “Bucks Adult Flower Club,” then “Rural Garden Club.” By October 1935, the name” Lingohocken Garden Club” was established.
Meetings are held at the Forest Grove Presbyterian Church in Forest Grove on the second Tuesday of each month year round, begin at 12:30pm, and include light refreshments, a program and a business meeting.
Examples of last year’s programs include: “The Role of Herbs, Plants and Flowers During the Civil War Era,” “Birds of Bowman’s Hill,” “Flower Arranging” and “The History of “Botanical Illustrations.”
There is a yearly member flower show held in the summer, a bus trip to a garden-themed destination, a craft session, a pot luck lunch in November, and a holiday tea in December.
LGC sponsors an intern botanist at Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve, assists in mailings at the Preserve, and creates a winter bird tree with edible treats made by the members. The Club also plants a flower garden at the Forest Grove Presbyterian Church.
Spring bulbs, annuals and perennials are chosen for their color as well as the choice of flower to provide for a long growing season. The Church Garden Committee regularly maintains the garden to keep it looking fresh.
The club consists of several committees which carry out the work of the club and provide the opportunity to get to know one another. There is a great camaraderie among the members who share a genuine interest in gardening and birds.
New members who share the same interests are continually welcomed for membership.
For more information call 610-294-9850.